EKVITA law firm (Azerbaijan) is looking for a compliance manager/lawyer
- Identify, analyze and monitor potential key Compliance and/regulatory risks, potential conflicts of interests and other Compliance challenges.
- Manage projects that relate to regulatory developments, supervisory activities, or strategic initiatives.
- Oversee, coordinate and handle day-to-day Compliance tasks, such as Compliance training, Compliance monitoring/surveillance and investigations process where appropriate.
- Develop and conduct Compliance workshops and trainings for employees.
- Keep senior management informed and assist with preparing Compliance reports on a regular basis.
- Liaise with senior management, board members, external stakeholders, business associations, etc. on relevant Compliance matters.
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalize Compliance related documents on various practice areas.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree is must
- Master’s degree is an asset. Ideal candidate would have a master degree from a foreign university
- Preferably 3-5 years of Compliance experience in a company with diverse set of activities (ideal candidatewould have five to seven years of compliance related experience)
- Have extensive knowledge of international instruments and standards on Compliance: US FCPA, UK Bribery Act, OECD Bribery Convention, ISO Standards on anti-bribery management systems etc.);
- Experience on working with internal compliance policies such as Code of Conduct and Ethics, ABC Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy, Procurement Policy etc.
- Working knowledge of implementing compliance due diligence including but not limited to Client and Third Party Verification, Risk assessment etc.
- Effective listener – able to listen carefully and comprehend all given instructions;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills – able to express ideas concisely, unambiguously and consistently.
- Excellent demonstrated analytical skills; able to spot legal issues and risks in a given transaction;
- Ability and maturity to make independent judgment;
- Ability to do comprehensive legal research independently or with minimal supervision.
Core Skills and Competencies
- A person with the right attitude, ambitious but with realistic in expectations
- High ethical and professional standards
- Ability to meet the tight deadlines and to work hard when necessary
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); Russian would be an asset
- Effective computer literacy
- Ability to plan and organize work unsupervised
- Excellent team-player, respect and support fellow colleagues
- Able to work directly with clients with minor supervision
Pay and Benefits
- Competitive salary will be offered to a good candidate based on skills and experience
- Stable, reliable, stress-free & friendly work environment
- Full medical insurance at a reputable insurance company will be provided after probation
- Good training opportunities both locally and overseas
- Interest-free long term loans may also be provided
- Potential employer is EKVITA LLC
- Position requires relocation (workplace is Baku office)
Interested candidates are requested to submit their resumes to email@example.com by 15 December 2019.
Only candidates who noted vacancy name in the subject line (Compliance Manager/Compliance Lawyer) will be considered.